Thoughtful quotes for the day (12-21-12)

Live as long as you may, the first 20 years are the longest half of your life. They appear so while they are passing; they seem to have been so when we look back on them; and they take up more room in our memory than all the years that succeed them.
Robert Southey, English poet 1774-1843

Impressionist painting of blue flowers and vase
Creative day out with Jackie and Megan ... my first "painting"


Several quotes from Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin

Take notes without a purpose.

Cram my day with what I love.

Technology is a good servant, but a bad master.

Paraphrased from Gretchen Rubin writings:

  • Focus on loving what I have.
  • Focus on doing what I value.
  • Forget about results.



a cup of tea and a composition notebook.  A Day 6-15-2012
6-15-2012 from my "A Day" submission

Quotes from Anthony Trollope, English novelist from the Victorian era, 1815-1882

A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labours of a spasmodic Hercules.

What on earth could be more luxurious than a sofa, a book, and a cup of coffee?...Was ever anything so civil?

That I can read and be happy while I am reading, is a great blessing.