My 2 cents on blogging in 2009?

I guess that I just haven't taken time this year! It looks as if my last blog entry anywhere was on Strictly Business for The Ascent of Money - A Financial History of the World (June 2009). And one other blog entry from 2009: An April 15th note on Electronic Tax Return Filing.

Last December, I commented on Wiki's vs Blogs. The evidence of the past year points strongly to wiki's, based solely on regular use. Of course Twitter is also an option: deldevries on Twitter, and I've tweeted a few times in 2009. Most of my tweets were to capture a note from an online source (linked through bit.ly for a single location for web links with tracking of number of clicks).

However, I still like the chronological display and archiving that occur naturally with a blog. Use of tags and permalinks give a blog some of the qualities that I also like in a wiki such as organization and retrieval of specific information. The power of a blog is evident at a well designed and constantly maintained site such as Michael Hyatt's, CEO of Thomas Nelson. A blog can serve as a pulpit for a writer with a message and changes publishing for 1 way to multiple threaded communication.







I'll wrap up 2009 with a couple of big picture items for end of year reflection / beginning of year planning:

I suggest you write at the bottom of your list, “This year is over. I declare it complete!” Now double-underline it for emphasis. Tomorrow, I plan to write about looking toward next year.

Question: What were your major life lessons from this past year?
it's also a great time to examine your finances to look for gaps and make any necessary adjustments. In that spirit, we offer some timeless tips to take you through 2010—and beyond.
Some Help for Your 50,000 Foot Review (Bruce Keener) includes a document with "seed" questions.
this is an excellent time of year to do your GTD 50,000 foot review .... “Big Picture” ... these questions are hard. It will take you a lot of thoughtful time to answer them, but of course the value in doing so outweighs the cost of time.