SecurityFocus BASICS Columnists: Blogs: Another Tool in the Security Pro's Toolkit

Interesting column which seems to reach the same conclusions that I have about reasons to blog. I'm interested in following up on these ideas - looking for further improvements in efficiently handling information. Particularly the RSS feeds -- I've had that documentation printed out for about 3 months now and haven't really read it yet! I think that the actionable idea is to convert from an email push to a web feed push. Similar but different - but how? Benefits? Disadvantages? stay tuned.

SecurityFocus BASICS Columnists: Blogs: Another Tool in the Security Pro's Toolkit: "Blogs: Another Tool in the Security Pro's Toolkit (Part One)
By Scott Granneman Jul 16 2003 09:11AM PT

My name is Scott, and I'm an information addict.

I'll admit, I love information. No, make that I love and need information. If you're interested in keeping up with trends and changes in security, you're probably an information addict as well. You absorb security-related information and then ponder, examine, and analyze it before reshaping it in a way that helps protect your data, your systems, and your networks. "